Sunday, September 13, 2009

Just like Grandma's

Reed is very busy these days and one of his tasks is to put everything (but toys) back where they go or where he thinks things should go. He is a kid that thinks everything has a place...I hope this doesn't change about him, but I realize that it may just be his age and a phase, however Todd is a lot like this and I am not, so we can hope, right.

Well, this week I bought some oranges at the grocery store and Reed keeps trying to get them out of the refrigerator and telling me something I can't understand. I thought he thought they were balls and wanted to play with them...so we have had several episodes over the oranges, well today, he managed to get them out without me catching him and moved his chair over to the table to stand on so that he could put them in the basket on the table that currently holds the mail. When I took them out, to put them back he got out the apples to do the same...then it dawned on me. Grandma Thompson has a fruit bowl on her table and we were there on Tuesday, and duh mom. That's where the fruit goes! When I asked him, he just gave me the Reed/Todd head nod, like "of course! you crazy lady!"

What can I say...I gotta smart kiddo!

1 comment: