Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Weekend at Nana's

Reed Playing in the Leaves!



This weekend Reed and I took an adventure to El Dorado Springs, MO. Todd was off to the Missouri/K-State football game in Columbia with some of his friends so Reed and I decided to go visit Nana and Papa Hackleman for the weekend. We took off on Friday night and drove ALL the way! Reed did great! He was asleep before we left Derby and made it all the way to Nevada, MO (about 20 miles from our destination). He cried all the way from Nevada to ElDo but I thought that was pretty good! I was about to cry too from having to go to the bathroom and not wanting to stop with baby in tow.

Needless to say we had a great time. Reed got to see his cousins Lance, Trey and Taylor. They are 23 and 16 respectively but they all thought Reed was pretty neat! They all played for hours. Nana and Papa get there time in as well. Reed kept them busy with putting together and taking apart those large snap on beads! I got some much needed rest and a little break from constant child care. I think Reed and I both gained about 10 pounds a piece and Reed grew about 3 inches while we were gone. He hasn't stopped eating since we got home!

One thing that Reed got to do that he couldn't do at home was play in the leaves. We don't have any trees in our yard that are big enough to drop a bunch of leaves but Nana had plenty! Reed had a blast! Check out the pictures!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love the pictures! as well as the story! I really think it is great for Reed to be wearing his OK sweatshirt in MO!! ;-}

Randa said...

CUTE pics!! Great scrapbooking pics!
Randa

LexyMae said...

I almost can't stand it - I gotta come see Reed! He is so big!!!! And he probably doesn't remember his Aunt Lexy already!! :)

Christy said...

No way could he forget his Aunt Lexy! We talk about you and he looks for you at the house, like you will be just coming right up those stairs!