Friday, November 14, 2008

Keep the Prayers Coming!

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and support! We can feel them! Dad is in the hospital in Kiowa and things don't look very promising. We know now that his cancer continues to spread with lesions in his abdomen and lungs and possibly kidneys. The hope is that we can stabilize his blood pressure so that he can go home to be more comfortable, but that is up in the air. He remains on IV fluids and dopamine to maintain the blood pressure. When they stop either or it drops dangerously low. I am home tonight but plan to return tomorrow morning. He is asking to see the grandkids. I told him Reed would be a maniac in a hospital room and pull out all his tubes in under 2 seconds. Dad asked if I could go get him today! He thought if got unhooked he could make a run for it. He is still finding humor in life, but his poor body is struggling. He gets a kick now out of telling everyone that he is "blood doping" so no Olympics for him!

My mom is a trooper. She is standing tough through all of this! Mom has a big test that she needs to take tomorrow in Wichita but is obviously leary of being away from him for that time. My Uncle Jim is with him and will be through the day. Audrey and I plan to go down tomorrow and take the kids. I plan to stay as long as I need.

Thanks again for all of your love and support! I don't know what I'd do without any of you!

1 comment:

LexyMae said...

Hey Christy. Call me if you need anything. I have a pretty easy week and can do whatever I need to. And am completely free all day on Saturday. Just let me know - even if it is last minute. I'll be thinking of you and continuing the prayers!