Thursday, November 20, 2008

Rough Day

Just got off the phone with my mom tonight. Dad has had a few really good days since I left on Tuesday. He has had a lot of company and has even felt like catching up on some emails. Today was pretty rough for my mom. Dad slept a lot today. Mom said that he got up for about 20 minutes this AM when he had guests and then again for about 20 minutes this afternoon. The hospice nurse and aide were there again today to help with his belly catheter. Apparently it is not working exactly like we thought it would and is leaking rather profusely! The nurses have been very ingenius in trying to catch the fluid. The scheme today worked the best, Mom said.
We are hoping that all the sleeping today was more a sign of fatigue and not a rapid progression of the cancer, but that is very possibly what it could be. We were told that as the disease progresses that he would get weaker and just want to sleep more.

Todd, Reed and I plan to go to Kiowa again this weekend and hope to catch some quality minutes with him. Maybe he'll be up to watching a few minutes of the OU/Tech game. Of course if OU is losing I'll make him turn it off! :) He gives them the worst luck!

On a serious note, please continue to pray for strength and peace for my parents. We have some trying days ahead.

3 comments:

TLB said...

I'm so glad to be able to stay updated this way. I sent your dad a card before I left for Ardmore last week - hope he got it. I've got one for you too but can't find your address. We're thinking of you all.
:) TERRI

Rhonda said...

So stopping to pray for all of you and for his hand upon your folks during this very difficult time.

Randa said...

We'll continue to pray for you al! Have a great weekend with the family and GO OU!
Randa