Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Baby's Gettin' Big!

Many of you have heard all about my sleep dramas or (lack of sleep) dramas with Reed. He hasn't been a good sleeper from Day 1. He was restless and colicky. He wanted to eat all night when nursing. Then we let him sleep with us out of survival for everyone to sleep, until I wasn't sleeping because the motion man was kicking me in the gut all night! I decided that 40 weeks of that from the inside was plenty, he didn't need to do it from the outside! So we got tough and cried it out, well, kinda tough...and it took several times. FINALLY, he has been consistently sleeping through the night in his own bed! I have still been rocking him to sleep after a story and a Baby Einstein video (only thing the kid will sit still for) but the last two nights he hasn't wanted to go to sleep with Mommy rocking, so I've put him in his bed and he would go to sleep like a big boy (only a little whining and whimpering) BUT, tonight...after our story, mid-video, he sat up with his blanket tucked up by his face in one hand, rubbed his eyes and said "Mo, (pointing to his room)" I asked if he wanted to go "night-night in his bed like a big boy?" He gave the ever so Todd like single head bob indicating an affirmative. So I picked him up, he laid his head on my shoulder, and I carried him to his room. Before, I laid him down he grabbed my neck and gave me a kiss! I about couldn't tell him good night for the tears in my throat! He curled up with his blanket and whimpered himself to sleep in about 30 seconds! What a big boy! Bittersweet to let the baby go, but Todd told me not to worry that he will probably be back tomorrow!

2 comments:

LexyMae said...

AH what a big boy! I can't believe it! ;)

Amy said...

What a precious moment.