Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend - Thurs/Friday

When I started this long weekend (I took Thurs-Mon. off) I fully intended to blog daily about our great family weekend. Obviously, we were having so much fun that I didn't get it done! What can I say other than we just have had the best 4 days.

THURSDAY: I was off to clean house, take Jack to the vet, run Reed-proof errands and do some computer orientation that had to be done for work so Reed went to daycare. So, that evening we started our family time by eating at Applebee's and then going to PetCo to get Jack and Truman new collars and Truman a harness so that we can start our family walks again.

FRIDAY: We loaded up in the AM and went to the zoo. Poor Reed feel asleep on the way there so he got a quick 15 minute power nap in before we got going. After everyone got all awake and loaded off we went on our trek. We went to the farm part first. I don't know why this is so fun, when we see this stuff everyday, but the petting zoo is pretty neat for the little ones I guess. At the farm we say Jzheep, Moos, and Ducks (any large feathered creature) If Reed can't say the name of the animal then you get a point and a "see, see, see" until you acknowledge that you have seen it. The penguins weren't playing much so they were hard to see, so we went for the reptile house. Reed loved the swimming turtles and being able to walk along the step to see in all the windows. He pointed and said "see" in everyone but I can honestly say I don't think there was anything in a few of them. We skipped the jungle/rainforest and North America other than the bears and headed for Africa and the new Tiger Trek. Reed loved all of these animals even thought the hippos, lions, and rhinos were "taking naps". I think he liked the tigers the best. He was pretty infatuated with the "monks" too but he was so tired by then that he could hardly stand up. We took the wagon and the backpack/leash so that he could walk some in a semi-controlled state. I do not have the child that will calmly hold your hand and walk where you would like him to. I swore I would never get one of those leash things, but then I had Motor-Man Reed. He RUNS everywhere! He is lightening quick too...minus the leash he would have been in the middle of the Asian Forest! I think he walked about 8 miles and loved every minute of it. Todd and I thought surely that he would crash on the way home, but oh no...another 10 minute power nap and he was back at it. Finished off the day with a trip to Lowe's to get flowers/plants and then came home to work in the yard while Reed played in the sprinkler. He wasn't so excited about the sprinkler, but thought it was great to have Daddy squirt him with the hose and to have Daddy pour water from the watering can on him like a shower! We tried one more time to take a nap,but no luck! I think Reed was so glad to have both Mommy and Daddy home and playing that he was afraid to miss something. He finally crashed for the night at around 9PM...boy was Mommy tired...happy but tired.

Here are some pictures from our day!

2 comments:

Libby said...

what a wonderful weekend for you! isn't amazing the things we said we would NEVER do and then here we are - just being a parent :) Thurs afternoon, June 11th, late day/evening - you guys free for a trip to the zoo w/ us and maybe the willson's?

Rhonda said...

Oh christy, I am so happy for you. The comment and your pictures say it all! Someone is surely watching over you!