Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Who need carpetfresh, when you have hazelnut coffee!


Reed "veggin" after daycare-only happens after being sick!

Reed, Mommy and Daddy have had a long last 4 days. Reed has had some kind of bug that lasted all weekend and into yesterday. Poor kiddo ran a temperature for 4 days straight and just wanted to lay on Mommy! For those of you that know Reed...this is HIGHLY UNUSUAL!!! Reed hardly stops to sleep, so to slow down for 4 days was a big red flag that he didn't feel good. He didn't even eat, and for the perpetual motion machine, that is even more unusual. The kid begs for food all the time when healthy. So, we rode out some high temperatures and some long nights with a little reassurance that Mommy was doing it right, from our dear friend Dr. Libby. It was rocky and test for Mommy and Daddy, but Todd and I made it through.

Yesterday, my awesome staff bailed me out so that I could come home in the afternoon and relieve Todd who did the morning shift. Reed was still feverish, getting his ornery back by afternoon when in the two moments he was off my lap and out of my sight for no more than 30 seconds he climbed on the kitchen table to try to reach the movies ontop of the china hutch (boy I'm glad we can't jump yet, I'm pretty sure that he will be swinging from the light fixtures, literally) and the next time he found an unopened container of coffee and got it open, aroma fresh seal and all and proceeded to sprinkle it, or throw it all over the kitchen and living room floor. Much to my surpise that wonderful small stays in your vaccuum for well, at least two days. It still smelled like fresh brewed coffee when I vaccuumed this evening!

Today, Todd kept him home this morning for a little while and took him to Kori's late. He did great, was tired when he got home, but still played pretty hard. I'm hoping for a good night's sleep!

No comments: