Monday, August 30, 2010

It's all most September!

September is upon us and that means the Hackleman's are getting busy!! Football is coming!!!! YEAHH can't wait...the first OU game starts this weekend and I am ready this year. I had a little mental hiatus last year as it was the first season without my dad and that was very hard for me. Silly in some ways, but that was our thing, and it really hit me that he was gone last year when football started and I just had no joy in going. I made myself go to one game and it was very healing. I worked through a lot of guilt and grief that goes with losing someone you love not to mention the grief the Sooners brought me with losing Sam Bradford so early on... the last year has been a work in progress for me mentally but I am good and can gladly say I'm ready for some FB....so BOOMER SOONER, baby!

With September brings my favorite weekend of the year, Cropaganza. I get to stay up all night and scrapbook with my best girlfriends. We do this for a whole weekend with no husbands or children and it is the best! This year we have more time and I have big plans. I hope to get my Grandma Thompson's pictures from her youth in a Heritage album and then spend the remainder of the time on Reed. To make the week even better Todd and I got tickets to Monday Night Football in KC!!! So my perfect 5 days - 3 scrapbooking with the girls, 2 with my husband in KC with MNF at night and a Royals game in the afternoon and then off to pick up Reed at Camp Nana Hackleman's! What more could a girl want?

No comments: