Tuesday, November 17, 2009

When You're 2...There Is A Purpose?!?

Tonight Reed was into everything as usual. Todd is working this evening so it has been just me and Reed. These nights are special because it is just Reed and Mommy so we play and we eat things for supper that Daddy wouldn't want...like breakfast. So we had chocolate chip pancakes and scrambled eggs. Reed ate so good that he got to get a "suher" aka "sucker" before bathtime. I don't really mind him having them because he usually takes about 10 licks and then puts it down somewhere and leaves it and then I can through it away. Well, tonight I noticed where he laid it down and I went to run him some bathwater. While I was gone...I heard clattering in the kitchen. He was standing on a chair getting into the cabinet where I moved the Glad Press-n-seal (to avoid Reed from getting into it when it was in the drawer!)He had Press-n-seal strung out about 4 feet trying to tear it off. So I tore it off and was going to through it away when Reed runs and gets his sucker and grabs the end and starts wrapping it up. I let him have the rest and he wrapped all 4 feet very meticulously around the sucker and then said..."save ater, mom!" Obviously, I had done this for him a few times and we saved the sucker for later! What I now question is whether this was his intent all along or if this was an after thought to avoid getting in trouble?!? :)

3 comments:

KimmyGoat said...

Yes!!! Breakfast for supper!!!

Libby said...

ok, that is hilarious!

Amy said...

Too cute, you definatly have your hands full.