Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Mom Bite Reed"

Our latest adventure at the Hackleman House involved a Norwex party at our friend Robin's house on Monday evening. We went over early to play with Nolan and our favorite babysitter Hannah (I think this might be Reed's first crush! He loves Hannah!) Anyway, about 6:55PM - the party started at 7:00PM, Reed helps himself to Robin's refridgerator! So, I am trying to get him out of there and figure out what he is saying so I bend over to hear him and lift him. He is standing directly in front of me under my chin and he is asking for a Diet Coke...well, like any good mother I said "No, we don't need Diet Coke right now". Well...this caused an IMMEDIATE reaction of jumping and head thrusting backward...straight into my two front teeth! I felt my tooth go into the top of his head and as I turn away and try not to say bad words, I think that his head must really hurt! This reaction was somewhat delayed, as if he couldn't believe it was happening...but yes, he was hurt and bleeding rather profusely all over Robin's kitchen...oh, and screaming! After Randa and I got the blood stopped and Robin gave him a Diet Coke, life was shaky..but livable. We stayed for the rest of the party and finally made it home only for Reed to tell his Dad..."Mom bite Reed!"

The bite proved to be worth it, because he got to sleep with Mom and Dad that night secondary to a very sore head!

No comments: