Saturday, October 17, 2009

"Pump" Patch

Today after a horribly stressful OU/TEXAS game, we went to the Pumpkin Patch to get our Pumpkins for Halloween! I guess this has become a short lived tradition as this is the same weekend we went last year. I remember OU lost to Texas last year before we went also. I thought it might cheer me up to go, so we tried it again this year! I hope the losing to Texas part does not become a tradition as well!

We had a great time and got 3 "pumps" as Reed calls them in his one syllable language. The only words that have more than one syllable are "Melmo" aka Elmo and 'Ga-ma' aka Grandma Thompson.

I think Reed's favorite thing at the pumpkin patch was the slide, which I took him down right after we got there and went so fast the first time I slid off the end and landed backside first in a big sandy puddle of water! What a great way to continue the day!

We then played in the hayfort, fed animals, played on the swings and smaller slide, took a barrel ride and then rode with the "tract" out to the "pumps" Reed tried to lift all the "pumps" and only managed to shot put a few before we got a handle on him. He had a great time and so did we...can't wait until Halloween comes!

No comments: