Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dinner with KAY Friends

Tuesday night last week we (Reed and I) had dinner with some of my KAY friends. In attendance were Luke, Grace, Randa and Nolan, and Reed and myself. It was great to catch up with Luke after his basic training and hear about his new job. It was also wonderful to hear about Grace and her nearing end of her school journey. Oh, the young folks of KAY! It seems like only yesterday that Randa, Tim, Libby, and I were having dinner and getting together and sharing these times in our lives! It was fun to watch Nolan and Reed play in Cici's. Reed has such a little personality developing. He was imitating everything that Nolan was doing, it was so cute. Nolan as showing us how he could run, jump and then slide! Reed would toddle, reach, and plop! Then they would both clap and grin like they were the biggest, best thing ever...and don't you all know they are!

I am so grateful the wonderful friends and the wonderful memories I have of my youth, but I wouldn't trade this moment in my life for the world! Everyday I try to pick a moment to make a memory. So you can guess, my camera is out a lot, but there are a lot of moments that are feelings and thoughts that a camera could not capture, only the heart. I am sure that some of this sentimentality comes from losing my dad this year, but I truly believe as I know he did that things in life (and death) happen for a reason and I think maybe this is part of my lesson. Slow down, life is short, enjoy the moments that we have...I hope this sentimentality is not fleeting and I can focus on these thoughts for a long, long, time!

1 comment: