Saturday, April 25, 2009

Date Night!

My how life has changed for us in the last year and a half. I was supposed to take a continuing education course this weekend, which I bailed on since I am changing jobs. So, since Todd had a tournament this weekend we lined up Todd's parents to keep Reed for the weekend. Nana and Papa Hackleman don't get to see Reed enough as it is, let alone all by himself, so you can bet they weren't giving him up when I decided to bail on the course. This worked out well for me as I have about 5 file boxes of discharges to do. Needless to say, Todd and I worked all day and Reed played with Nana and Papa in Missouri! Boy, is it quiet at our house! Jack is a nervous wreck! She can't find her boy! I wasn't busy enough not to just miss the heck out of him, either. I know that he is having a GREAT time and getting spoiled rotten, though. That fact made it a little easier to enjoy a night out with my husband, thanks to the rain! It has been so long since we have taken a date night. We swear we are going to do it more everytime we have one too, but we never do it. That is one of the goals with this new job is to have more time together as a family so that we don't feel guilty getting a babysitter to have a date! The stress just seems to be lifting daily the closer this new job gets. I feel 1000 pounds lighter, even though I'm probably about 10 pounds heavier in reality! LOL! I think I'll sign off for the evening and enjoy the rest of the night with my wonderful husband!!!

1 comment:

Libby said...

cute pics and enjoy your time with Todd!!